Perhaps you are wondering why you feel constantly tired and irritable. Some days you feel unappreciated and frustrated with work. Chances are that you are suffering from burnout.
This is not surprising given more than a year of the pandemic. If you’re a health care worker, you’ve had very little time off to rest and recover.
Six things you can do to help are:
- Diet – as in getting regular healthy meals
- Sleep – introducing sleep hygiene to establish a healthier habit
- Physical activity – get your body moving, start with short periods several times a day
- Relationships – talk, play, do things together
- Fun/leisure – do something that gives pleasure
- Being in nature – spending time in green spaces can be restorative
It will take time and getting the right support to recover is essential.